Raleigh, NC – The NC WERCouncil and Open Sky Group are pleased to announce that Curt Sardeson, President of Open Sky Group, has been appointed to its Board of Directors.
WERCouncils are local chapters that represent the WERC member base, warehousing and distribution professionals, who meet to share and learn in a particular city or region. Their mission is to:
- provide the same quality programming found at the annual conference
- enhance personal and professional development of individuals within the industry
- build industry awareness
- provide an opportunity to join industry colleagues from the local community
- increase the value of WERC membership
- create an opportunity to identify, meet, and recruit non-members who could contribute to, as well as benefit from membership in WERC
Sheila Benny, President of the NC WERCouncil, said, “Curt has long been on our list of recruitees for board membership. As President of Open Sky Group, he has grown his own business with great success in a short period of time. I have no doubt Curt will be a valuable addition to the NC WERCouncil leadership.”
“The NC WERCouncil is already an enthusiastic and talented group and I hope by adding my skills to the mix, that it helps broaden the interest and membership in WERC in our area,” says Curt Sardeson, President of Open Sky Group, and now Director-At-Large, NC WERCouncil.
The Warehousing Education and Research Council is the only professional association focused exclusively on warehouse management and its role in the supply chain. Members are experts from all facets of the distribution industry who come together to share practical knowledge and professional expertise to improve individual and industry performance. The WERCouncils are local chapters throughout the country that represent WERC and its membership base. The NC WERCouncil has received the WERCouncil Circle of Acclaim each year since 2010.