In this blog series, we will look at running a seamless warehouse (Part 1) and take a deeper dive into JDA Warehouse Luminate Tasking and how this can improve your warehouse operations (Part 2).
Let’s talk about Luminate Tasking
In our first blog, Are You Running A Seamless Warehouse, we looked at a simple yet important checklist to ensuring a seamless warehouse: In this blog, we’ll be talking about JDA Warehouse Luminate Tasking and its advantages.
JDA Luminate tasking ‘illuminates warehouse operations’ is a robust cloud-based SaaS solution hosted on Microsoft Azure. Using a cloud-based SaaS solution, it creates an environment where it can be seamlessly integrated with JDA WMS and TMS. Inventory optimisation, as well as increased operational efficiency, are just some of the positive outcomes of using technologies such as Machine Learning (ML), Artificial Intelligence (AI)
It acts as an additional layer for JDA WMS/TMS which can be easily integrated. Its tasking engine focuses on the work queue created in JDA WMS/TMS solutions. It establishes linkages between tasks and recognises when those tasks need to be accomplished in a series relative to an ultimate objective which is the dispatch time, i.e. getting the truck out of the door on time, LWT also provides predictive recommendations for
- Prioritising replenishment tasks over regular picking
- Prioritising shipping or dispatching tasks based on the docks or trucks availability
- Ability to view and prioritise tasks based on the order cancellation or escalation that are in near real-time
- Recommending the staffing levels for the current or future tasks
- Recommends workforce planning based on inventory positions, equipment’s availability, travel distances and other parameters that are configured
- Visibility into productivity – optimised tasks impact, current tasks execution…etc and other labour parameters
LWT provides the capability of transforming the real-time data effortlessly into a logical data and processed into many categories such as inbound shipments, inventory availability, shipping trucks, labour control, hardware usage, etc. Allows a user to take necessary actions/decisions to run any relative operation. ML algorithm learns from decisions obtained from users and overtime if a problem is solved in multiple ways, the system will offer guidance comparing which actions are more operable to others
Configuring a right set of parameters into LWT to recommend workforce operations can lead to successful
- Strategic or tactical planning, forecasting the dynamic or regular tasks and automate them (putaway, picking, stock transfers, or staging inventory)
- Operational planning, day-to-day task planning, utilising right skills and experience of labour, multi-resource planning – Labour, equipment and material
- Break-down of daily operations by operational experience, real-time scheduling and reconsideration/revision of tasks
***LWT is part of the JDA Luminate solutions, and DB Schenker is live with a pilot version of WLT in April’2019.
If you’re looking to improve the efficiency of your warehouse, we can help. Talk to our experienced and knowledgeable team
Written By Rajitha Bhashyam, WMS Consultant, Open Sky Group