Open Sky helps orchestrate resources and tasks at any level needed for Supply Chain Software Implementation & Integration projects. Let us assist on specific portions, or let us lead the entire project life cycle.
We understand that not everyone needs the same level of assistance when it comes to projects like WMS Implementation or TMS Integration. While our Implementation and Integration services are meant to work together in a progression, we offer the following independently, depending on a given situation.
Operational Issues Analysis
Before any software project is started, Open Sky will help you analyze your operations and identify those issues and challenges that need to be resolved or improved prior to the addition of any supply chain software. We’ll help you prioritize and implement those items so that you can take full advantage of what your software selection has to offer.
Business Case Development
Think you need a certain type of hardware or software to meet your needs but you’re not certain? Is the cost of that investment too high to just guess that it will be a success? Open Sky helps clients determine whether or not a software investment can be justified by helping project the potential returns and benefits to operations. Not only do we assist in situations where there is no existing software, but we also help clients examine and determine the best timing for upgrades to existing software (which can sometimes be as involved as new implementations).
Systems and Software Vendor Selection (RFI/RFP)
So many vendors – so much information to absorb! We realize that there are a multitude of vendors and after a while, they can begin to all look alike, even though they aren’t. Put Open Sky’s extensive supply chain software experience to work for you – we can help you determine what you most need from your software purchase and use that to develop Requests for Information or Requests for Proposal that will help you narrow down those sometimes confusing choices to the ones most likely to work best for your organization. We’ll also be there to help you through product demos and site visits to make sure that the components and capabilities of the software you select will best meet your most vital functions.
Slotting & Replenishment Optimization
Depending on the mix and seasonality of products, your facility could need to analyze and adjust product location and replenishment frequency any number of times throughout the year. In many cases, your WMS software may already have a slotting module or feature(s) that can be configured to help in this process, making it a streamlined, efficient routine instead of a hair-raising one. Open Sky also helps clients evaluate stand-alone solutions and other complementary products that help with managing inventory and supply chain efficiency.
Project / Program Management
Are your projects running past their deadlines and going over budget? Do you find that managing your project ultimately gets in the way of that project? Open Sky can help by providing experienced consultants who implement cutting-edge technical project management methods based in Agile SCRUM Methodology and implementation processes. Let us show you what it’s like to come in on time AND under budget, all while adapting to the inevitable changes to requirements that so frequently cripple projects. If the project is more complex, Open Sky can provide a Program Manager. Program Managers orchestrate everything – if it has to be done in order for a new software package to be complete, it falls under this person’s bailiwick, including management of people on all sides (client, software, and consultant).
Staff Augmentation for Implementation Projects
Open Sky recognizes that sometimes there is a need for additional personnel who can be fully dedicated to one or two areas of an implementation project to keep things moving smoothly. Open Sky can provide experienced consultants to drive the following key procedures:
- Gap Analysis – In software implementation projects, gaps are where the software you are planning to implement doesn’t fully meet what you need. A list of these gaps are often gathered over multiple phases of an implementation, and are most effective when done in the Software Selection phase of a project (to help select the software that is the best fit for your needs). A Gap Analysis list is used to describe, classify and justify the gaps and determine ultimately which gaps will receive attention and which ones will be solved with a workaround or a change to the future state process flow.
- Configuration Workshop – This is where the future state (how you want things to be) of your operations and processes are translated into the software set-up and configuration. It’s critical to have a dedicated project manager to drive this workshop, in addition to the support of Stakeholders, Business Process Owners and the Software Vendors – Open Sky can help.
- Conference Room Pilot – The Conference Room Pilot (CRP) is ultimately to gain buy-in for the solution, the future state processes and the software configuration – and to make sure that these will satisfy the needs of the business. Open Sky has directed many CRPs and understands the critical components to bring them to successful conclusion.
- Documentation – There are two main types of documentation associated with Implementation projects. Whether it’s documenting standard operating procedures or ensuring that you have the reports and labels you need to meet your customer requirements, Open Sky can help.
- Testing and Training – Do you have enough resources to perform testing on an implementation already underway? Open Sky understands the importance of testing within an implementation project and can provide you with the experienced resources you need to bolster your current staff. Open Sky can train your staff on key concepts of your warehouse and transportation system software, providing you a flexible, cost-effective and customizable method of supercharging your WMS Analysts and other staff.